Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

06-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Attach Files

If your file is less than 8MB in size, you may attach a RAR or ZIP, as needed, to posts. Only CPS Members and Mods/Admins have this ability, not normal Members.

Do not do "the paperclip" on non-image attachments (ZIP, RAR, etc). We want those to appear in the attachment box, not as an "inline" object.

Post Images and Photos

To avoid problems viewing photos, please upload your images to this site. Don't link to free accounts elsewhere (Flickr, Photobucket, Imageshack, etc), or to other sites. Images put on free sites can expire or be deleted by the host, and posts made here may become confusing if the illustrations go missing.

When you make a new post, or reply to a post, use the advanced editor. All members have the ability to attach images to posts.

STEP 1. To upload images, simply click on the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button

STEP 2
: A new window will pop up, and you can browse to the image that you need to upload, and then hit the upload button. A few seconds later, the file will appear as a "current attachment", and you can close the window.

STEP 3:
To insert a photo into the post, click on the paperclip drop-down arrow in the full editor, and a list of attached images will show up. Click on the image you want to show. It will show up in the editor as a number, surround by "attach" tags.

NOTE: Please use JPEGs or GIFs (or PNGs) -- no BMPs -- and have them sized no wider than 850 pixels across!

And again, the "paperclip" is only done on image files, to show them in a post. You don't do the paperclip on non-image files (ZIP, RAR, etc).
  02-23-2012, 11:51 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 35 posts since Jan 2012
Can the picture size limit be increased, pretty please? The post says no wider than 850, but the actual limit is currently 700. I was going to post some VLC screenshots - it resizes DVDs vertically and keeps the horizontal at 720.
  03-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepasswordisfail View Post
Can the picture size limit be increased, pretty please? The post says no wider than 850, but the actual limit is currently 700. I was going to post some VLC screenshots - it resizes DVDs vertically and keeps the horizontal at 720.
Oops!

It's been fixed. The maximum resolution is now 850x850.
That may have been altered during the recent forum merger. All better now.

Thanks for pointing it out.